Hello and welcome to my page. I work with businesses in Harrogate, Knaresborough, York, Leeds, across Yorkshire and nationally.
• Copywriting: website copy / technical writing / business blogs / advertising (including PPC)
• First rate editing and proofreading for business, academia and publishing
• Public and media relations, including brand-boosting content for publication
My name is Cameron Paterson and I began my career over 20 years ago as a full time newspaper and magazine journalist. I wrote for both regional and national newspapers, and became deputy editor of a business magazine for the health food trade with an International audience.
Later I ‘crossed the floor’ and spent more than seven years with a marketing and public relations agency, crafting copy for major organisations, editing corporate publications and conducting national media relations campaigns to raise the profile of clients and boost their bottom line.
At Stowe Family Law, the UK’s largest specialist family law firm, I edited the company’s influential family law news blog, producing and editing quality content for an International audience on a daily basis. I increased average monthly visitor numbers from 18,000 to more than 78,000.
What they say about me
• "There has been a number of projects where Cameron has provided copy for websites with a brilliant combination of great writing and a fantastic understanding of SEO. He always delivers on time and does exactly what he says he will (a rare occurance!) I would recommend him to anyone!"
• "Cameron can write copy for both online and offline. I would recommend him to anyone that is looking for a safe pair of hands. He is friendly, approachable and always willing to help."
• "Cameron is a talented and creative writer who was integral to the success of many copy-driven - and a selection of complex, time sensitive, web-based - projects."
• "Cameron has always been the consummate professional. As well as possessing top-notch editorial skills, which allow him to turn his hand to highly varied briefs, he is fully abreast of digital breakthroughs and social networking options. These make him a very useful ally to have in any written communications project."
• "Cameron gets his teeth in to a subject and can develop some wonderful writing."